Diver Rich Horner has captured video of himself swimming through water densely strewn with plastic waste and yellowing food wrappers, with the occasional tropical fish darting around. The footage was shot at a dive site called Manta Point, a cleaning station for the large rays on the island of Nusa Penida, about 20km from the popular Indonesian holiday island of Bali.
About The Author
The Civil Rights movement of the 60's and 70's provided David with his introduction to the pacific resistance and social activism of the Mahatma Gandhi and Dr. Martin Luther King. Understandings and beliefs now long dormant and his commitment to those teachings guide his renewed activism with Transylvania Indivisible today. His determination to provide his son and grandson with a chance to live the American Dream drive his ongoing passion for change.
November 27, 2017
July 23, 2018
July 15, 2017
- August 20 | “For the People” Forum | Brevard
- Medicaid expansion is at the heart of the budget fight. Here’s what it means for NC.
- NC State Senate Budget Eschews Medicaid Expansion
- Trump again attacks press as ‘Enemy of the People’, suggests public may ‘demand’ he not leave office
- Sharia court orders jail for rape victim unless kids handed to rapist. No, wait. That was in Alabama
- 2018 Mid-Term Candidates (19)
- 2020 Elections (6)
- Arts (2)
- Economy (101)
- Environment (174)
- Equality (156)
- Events (102)
- Gerrymandering (100)
- Healthcare (71)
- History (47)
- Immigration/Deportation (66)
- Mueller Russian Investigation (31)
- William Barr (3)
- NAACP News (46)
- National Security (53)
- North Carolina General Assembly (74)
- Op-Ed (151)
- Our Elected Representatives (248)
- Resistance (203)
- Take Action! (143)
- The Gift of Time (7)
- Transylvania County Community (29)
- Transylvania County Community Building (2)
- Transylvania County Government (11)
- Uncategorized (11)
- Use Food Scraps (15)
- Volunteer Opportunity (10)
- Voting and Elections (162)
- What we are reading (15)
Subscribe to NC General Assembly news
Receive emails from the NC General Assembly on legislative actions by subscribing here: http://www.ncleg.net/calendars/calendars.html#Subscribe
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- The Opposite of Addiction, with Jim Hardy
- Meals on Wheels of Brevard, NC, with Board Member Sasha Jones
- The Community Side of Recidivism - Meet Peter McKinney
- Meet Mark Burrows, Director of Transylvania County Planning and Community Development
- Meet Nicola Karesh, a Writer, Poet, Community Activist and a Playful Spirit
- Meet Kyle Tinsley, Graduate of Brevard High School and former leader of the Acceptance Club
- Meet Bobby Jones of Cedar Mountain, NC. His grandfather was Solomon Jones of Solomon Jones Road, the road to Pretty Place.
- Meet the founder of Transylvania Indivisible. David Williams.
- How the Affordable Care Act (ACA) helped Cedar Mountain, NC get a new cafe
- Meet Dal Davis, a student at Brevard College.