Category: Community Compost Drop-off Location
Moving to Conservers is currently working on cataloging comPosts sites in the area. This is a working page towards publishing a directory that lets citizens know where they can drop off their compost.
- Food scraps and other organic material turns to soil and can be used to grow food and flowers (food for pollinators).
- Organics in landfills break down anaerobically (without oxygen) to produce methane gas, a greenhouse gas 21 times more harmful than CO2.
- Keeps a valuable resource out of the landfill.
- Waste less water since compost helps with moisture retention.
- Reduce civic costs for waste collection and thereby reduce fuel use.
- Extend the life of landfills.
Why a directory of drop-off locations?
- Some of our members do not have the space or facilities to compost at home.
- Some of our members who do have the space prefer to donate their scraps to gardens and farms so that it can be used for local food production.
Looking for our Compost Drop-off Directory?
You can find our directory of community compost drop-off locations here: https://berightthere.info/category/environment/community-compost-drop-off-location/
We Invest Locally
$1000 invested locallyMoving to Conserver members have invested $1000 in local farmers by purchasing Community Supported Agriculture Shares. That makes us pretty awesome. Just saying...
Subscribe to Moving to Conserver’s newsletter
- Working to create the world we want to live in. The winner of the logo contest. September 14, 2020
- Interested in a local plant-based chef preparing meals for you? County solid waste workshop this Wednesday. August 31, 2020
- We/ve released a new podcast! And it is time for the county to decide: Will we send our garbage to another community or keep it here? August 24, 2020
- Vote for your favorite logo! The Hunger Coalition planting has been moved to 10:30 am this Sunday. August 17, 2020
- Feeding each other, growing community. Are you hungry? We will feed you. August 10, 2020
- Davidson River School garden work day Thursday. Let's learn about the NC Environmental Justice Network! July 27, 2020
- Eating Consciously off to a great start. Learning and loving together as a community. July 13, 2020
- Announcing our new podcast and program: Eating Consciously! July 6, 2020
- Rooster Head Plantation could use some help feeding our community June 22, 2020
- Peace, love and understanding, let's gather on a conference call and discuss the value of plant-based diets towards a more equal community June 16, 2020