This year’s farm bill is the most anti-wildlife ever. The House wants to make it easier for Big Ag to harm endangered species and their habitats. Take action now to oppose the farm bill!
Here’s a quick summary of its lowlights:
- Exempts pesticides from the Endangered Species Act
- Eliminates a popular farm conservation program that creates wildlife habitat
- Transfers money from stream and watershed restoration to timber sales
- Allows manufacturers and users to incidentally harm and even kill endangered species with pesticides
- Opens potential paths to override protections for roadless areas and wilderness study areas
- Exempts a wide variety of projects in national forests — some up to 6,000 acres — from environmental reviews, including salvage logging, road-building, and herbicide use
The farm bill is likely to come up for a full House vote this month. Please help defeat it: Add your name to OPPOSE the farm bill!