Category: Community Compost Drop-off Location
Moving to Conservers is currently working on cataloging comPosts sites in the area. This is a working page towards publishing a directory that lets citizens know where they can drop off their compost.
- Food scraps and other organic material turns to soil and can be used to grow food and flowers (food for pollinators).
- Organics in landfills break down anaerobically (without oxygen) to produce methane gas, a greenhouse gas 21 times more harmful than CO2.
- Keeps a valuable resource out of the landfill.
- Waste less water since compost helps with moisture retention.
- Reduce civic costs for waste collection and thereby reduce fuel use.
- Extend the life of landfills.
Why a directory of drop-off locations?
- Some of our members do not have the space or facilities to compost at home.
- Some of our members who do have the space prefer to donate their scraps to gardens and farms so that it can be used for local food production.
Looking for our Compost Drop-off Directory?
You can find our directory of community compost drop-off locations here: http://berightthere.info/category/environment/community-compost-drop-off-location/
We Invest Locally
$1000 invested locallyMoving to Conserver members have invested $1000 in local farmers by purchasing Community Supported Agriculture Shares. That makes us pretty awesome. Just saying...
Subscribe to Moving to Conserver’s newsletter
- Our next gathering is Thursday at WolfBrew Bottleshop. It is time for our Seed Swap! February 17, 2019
- Our next gathering is Thursday at Pisgah Coffee Roasters February 4, 2019
- Our next gathering is Thursday at the Election Center! January 26, 2019
- Our next gathering is January 17th at Wolfbrew Bottle Shop in Brevard! January 12, 2019
- Our next gathering is January 10 at 6 pm at Oskar Blues Taproom! January 5, 2019
- Thanks for the gift of your time! Our next zero-waste potluck is January 10th at Oskar Blues. December 18, 2018
- Join us for our next gathering Saturday, December 15th at noon at the Gazebo in downtown Brevard at our pop-up Coffeehouse! December 8, 2018
- We are gathering next Thursday at 6pm at Brevard Brewing - no potluck December 1, 2018
- Our gathering this Thursday November 26, 2018
- Our next gathering will be November 29th November 14, 2018