Category: Community Compost Drop-off Location
Moving to Conservers is currently working on cataloging comPosts sites in the area. This is a working page towards publishing a directory that lets citizens know where they can drop off their compost.
- Food scraps and other organic material turns to soil and can be used to grow food and flowers (food for pollinators).
- Organics in landfills break down anaerobically (without oxygen) to produce methane gas, a greenhouse gas 21 times more harmful than CO2.
- Keeps a valuable resource out of the landfill.
- Waste less water since compost helps with moisture retention.
- Reduce civic costs for waste collection and thereby reduce fuel use.
- Extend the life of landfills.
Why a directory of drop-off locations?
- Some of our members do not have the space or facilities to compost at home.
- Some of our members who do have the space prefer to donate their scraps to gardens and farms so that it can be used for local food production.
Looking for our Compost Drop-off Directory?
You can find our directory of community compost drop-off locations here: http://berightthere.info/category/environment/community-compost-drop-off-location/
We Invest Locally
$1000 invested locallyMoving to Conserver members have invested $1000 in local farmers by purchasing Community Supported Agriculture Shares. That makes us pretty awesome. Just saying...
- Our next gathering if November 1st at Just Ripe Farms October 21, 2018
- Our next gathering is Thursday at Pisgah Gourmet's new home! October 15, 2018
- Join us Thursday for a community conversation on keeping food scraps out of the landfill. October 8, 2018
- A bucket list item checked off! Our next gathering is this Thursday. September 30, 2018
- Mini-compost symposium October 11th coming together beautifully! September 20, 2018
- Our next gathering is October 4th! September 17, 2018
- Our next gathering is September 13th at the Election Center September 9, 2018
- Conservers - Tonight & Tomorrow September 6, 2018
- Conservers! It’s Happening This Friday! : ) September 2, 2018
- Conservers - We gather tonight at 6pm August 30, 2018