Category: Community Compost Drop-off Location
Moving to Conservers is currently working on cataloging comPosts sites in the area. This is a working page towards publishing a directory that lets citizens know where they can drop off their compost.
- Food scraps and other organic material turns to soil and can be used to grow food and flowers (food for pollinators).
- Organics in landfills break down anaerobically (without oxygen) to produce methane gas, a greenhouse gas 21 times more harmful than CO2.
- Keeps a valuable resource out of the landfill.
- Waste less water since compost helps with moisture retention.
- Reduce civic costs for waste collection and thereby reduce fuel use.
- Extend the life of landfills.
Why a directory of drop-off locations?
- Some of our members do not have the space or facilities to compost at home.
- Some of our members who do have the space prefer to donate their scraps to gardens and farms so that it can be used for local food production.
Looking for our Compost Drop-off Directory?
You can find our directory of community compost drop-off locations here: http://berightthere.info/category/environment/community-compost-drop-off-location/
We Invest Locally
$1000 invested locallyMoving to Conserver members have invested $1000 in local farmers by purchasing Community Supported Agriculture Shares. That makes us pretty awesome. Just saying...
- Dates, events and cool stuff: our schedule is filling up and we wanted to let you know what is coming up August 16, 2018
- Our next gathering is Thursday August 16th at Franklin Park in Brevard August 13, 2018
- Our next gathering is Thursday at Duck Pond. We need an RSVP please. August 3, 2018
- Our next gathering is Thursday August 2nd at Sassy Goose Mini-resort July 29, 2018
- Our next gathering in Thursday, July 26th July 22, 2018
- Time for a picnic - our next gathering is Thursday at Susan's community pond July 15, 2018
- Reminder: We are gathering Thursday at 6 pm for a potluck at Peaks and Creeks July 9, 2018
- Our next gathering is July 12th at Peaks and Creeks June 28, 2018
- Our next gathering is June 21st! Last night was so exciting! June 17, 2018
- Pisgah Gourmet was amazing. Our next potluck is Thursday at the Canteen June 10, 2018