- Trump invites Putin to Washington despite U.S. uproar on Helsinki summit
- Tariffs Imperil a Hometown Business in South Carolina: BMW
- The 21st Century Internet Act aims to enshrine net neutrality in law
- Trump wanted to cut arts funding. Instead, the spending bill he signed gives it a boost.
- From the Start, Trump Has Muddied a Clear Message: Putin Interfered
- 2018 Mid-Term Candidates (8)
- Arts (1)
- Economy (90)
- Environment (138)
- Equality (134)
- Events (84)
- Gerrymandering (91)
- Healthcare (66)
- History (45)
- Immigration/Deportation (61)
- Mueller Russian Investigation (14)
- NAACP News (45)
- National Security (43)
- North Carolina General Assembly (65)
- Op-Ed (130)
- Our Elected Representatives (205)
- Resistance (187)
- Take Action! (125)
- The Gift of Time (3)
- Transylvania County Community (21)
- Transylvania County Community Building (1)
- Transylvania County Government (10)
- Uncategorized (8)
- Volunteer Opportunity (10)
- Voting and Elections (133)
- What we are reading (15)
- 19http://berightthere.info/event/join-us-for-a-community-drop-off-compost-raising/6:00 pm-8:30 pm04/19/2018Coffee Carts1061 Rosman Hwy, Brevard, NC 28712, USA
You have heard of a barn raising.
Join us for a community drop-off
When: April 19th at 6 pm
Where: Coffee Carts
1061 Rosman Hwy, Brevard, NC
Hosted by: Moving to Conservers
All are welcome! Please join us!
We will be constructing a community
compost drop-off site at Coffee Carts
and celebrate with a community potluck!
Bring a dish to share and your own
non-disposable place setting. This is
a zero-waste event.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 28http://berightthere.info/event/24th-annual-transylvania-garden-groups-spring-plant-sale-april-28th/8:00 am-12:00 pm04/28/2018
The annual spring plant sale by the Transylvania Master Gardeners, The Transylvania Garden Club, The French Broad Garden Club and the Heritage Museum will be held Saturday, April 28, from 8 a.m. until noon at the Brevard Ingles parking lot on Asheville Highway. This will be the second year in this location and it allows very easy access and plenty of parking for customers.
The annual plant sale raises funds to support gardening and landscape projects throughout Transylvania Count including the Master Gardeners projects including those at Silvermont and the Pisgah Ranger Station and scholarships provided by the garden clubs.
Come early for the best selection from a large variety of high quality, locally raised perennials, annuals, vegetables, trees and shrubs. Local gardeners also will be on hand to offer advice.
The plant sale takes place rain or shine. Admission is free.
For more information, contact the Transylvania County Extension office, (828) 884-3109 or email@example.com.
Subscribe to NC General Assembly news
Receive emails from the NC General Assembly on legislative actions by subscribing here: http://www.ncleg.net/calendars/calendars.html#Subscribe
- PN1403Ryan Wesley Bounds, of Oregon, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Ninth Circuit, vice Diarmuid F. O'Scannlain, retired. (07/19/2018 legislative day)
- The Opposite of Addiction, with Jim Hardy
- Meals on Wheels of Brevard, NC, with Board Member Sasha Jones
- The Community Side of Recidivism - Meet Peter McKinney
- Meet Mark Burrows, Director of Transylvania County Planning and Community Development
- Meet Nicola Karesh, a Writer, Poet, Community Activist and a Playful Spirit
- Meet Kyle Tinsley, Graduate of Brevard High School and former leader of the Acceptance Club
- Meet Bobby Jones of Cedar Mountain, NC. His grandfather was Solomon Jones of Solomon Jones Road, the road to Pretty Place.
- Meet the founder of Transylvania Indivisible. David Williams.
- How the Affordable Care Act (ACA) helped Cedar Mountain, NC get a new cafe
- Meet Dal Davis, a student at Brevard College.