- 24th Annual Transylvania Garden Groups Spring Plant Sale April 28th
- Better Together – It’s Time to Act
- National River Conservation Organization Says the Neuse Is One of the Country’s Most Endangered Rivers
- The Weaponized Census
- In ‘complete victory’ for Los Angeles, judge rules DOJ can’t tie funding to cooperation with ICE
- 2018 Mid-Term Candidates (1)
- Economy (80)
- Environment (117)
- Equality (102)
- Events (76)
- Gerrymandering (80)
- Healthcare (63)
- History (44)
- Immigration/Deportation (32)
- Mueller Russian Investigation (6)
- NAACP News (44)
- National Security (30)
- North Carolina General Assembly (54)
- Op-Ed (109)
- Our Elected Representatives (139)
- Resistance (150)
- Take Action! (107)
- The Gift of Time (3)
- Transylvania County Community (21)
- Transylvania County Community Building (1)
- Transylvania County Government (10)
- Uncategorized (4)
- Volunteer Opportunity (10)
- Voting and Elections (108)
- What we are reading (14)
- 01http://berightthere.info/event/moving-to-conservers-meeting-to-further-community-compost-initiative/6:00 pm-8:00 pm03/01/2018Coffee Carts1061 Rosman Hwy, Brevard, NC 28712, USA
Join Moving to Conservers at Coffee Carts at 1061 Rosman Hwy, Brevard, NC 28712 from 6-8 pm for a potluck and work session on the compost program. Bring a dish to share and your own non-disposable place setting. Coffee Carts is expecting the group & has been most welcoming.
- 02http://berightthere.info/event/bi-weekly-postcard-party-in-brevard-write-your-representatives/4:00 pm-6:30 pm03/02/2018Brevard Brewing63 E Main St, Brevard, NC 28712, USA
March 02 @ 4:00 pm – 6:30 pm This event has been canceled.
This week: Brevard Brewing Company, 63 East Main Street, Brevard.
Join Transylvania Indivisible and your neighbors every other Friday afternoon to mingle, discuss current events, share ideas that matter and write postcards to legislators expressing your concerns. Postcards, postage, addresses, current-topic summaries provided! Tasty local brews, music, food (nearby!) at family-friendly venue!
Next gathering, March 16 at location to be announced.
- 10http://berightthere.info/event/dupont-forest-trail-work/9:00 am-1:00 pm03/10/2018Dupont State ForestStaton Rd, Pisgah Forest, NC 28768, USA
The Friends of DuPont Forest do trail work the second Saturday of every month from 9 am – 1 pm. All are welcome to attend. A meeting place will be announced as soon as we know March’s worksite.
- 14http://berightthere.info/event/national-school-walkout-brevard-college-march-14-at-10-am/10:00 am-10:17 am03/14/2018Brevard College170 College Row, Brevard, NC 28712, USA
Brevard College SGA is calling for students, teachers, school administrators, parents and allies to take part in a#NationalSchoolWalkout for 17 minutes at 10am across every time zone on March 14, 2018 to protest Congress’ inaction to do more than tweet thoughts and prayers in response to the gun violence plaguing our schools and neighborhoods. We need action.
Students and allies are organizing the national school walkout to demand Congress pass legislation to keep us safe from gun violence at our schools, on our streets and in our homes and places of worship. Students and staff have the right to teach and learn in an environment free from the worry of being gunned down in their classrooms or on their way home from school. Parents have the right to send their kids to school in the mornings and see them home alive at the end of the day. We are not safe at school. We are not safe in our cities and towns.
Congress must take meaningful action to keep us safe and pass federal gun reform legislation that address the public health crisis of gun violence. We want Congress to pay attention and take note: many of us will vote this November and many others will join in 2020. Join us in saying #ENOUGH!
- 15http://berightthere.info/event/seed-movie-screening/6:00 pm-8:30 pm03/15/2018King Street 185185 King St, Brevard, NC 28712, USA
Subscribe to NC General Assembly news
Receive emails from the NC General Assembly on legislative actions by subscribing here: http://www.ncleg.net/calendars/calendars.html#Subscribe
- H.R.2905Justice for Victims of IRS Scams and Identity Theft Act of 2017 (04/18/2018 legislative day)
- H.R.5444Taxpayer First Act (04/18/2018 legislative day)
- H.R.544521st Century IRS Act (04/18/2018 legislative day)
- H.Res.831Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 5444) to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to modernize and improve the Internal Revenue Service, and for other purposes, and providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 5445) to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to improve cybersecurity and taxpayer identity protection, and modernize the […]
- S.J.Res.57A joint resolution providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the rule submitted by Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection relating to "Indirect Auto Lending and Compliance with the Equal Credit Opportunity Act". (04/18/2018 legislative day)
- S.140A bill to amend the White Mountain Apache Tribe Water Rights Quantification Act of 2010 to clarify the use of amounts in the WMAT Settlement Fund. (04/18/2018 legislative day)
- PN1359James Bridenstine, of Oklahoma, to be Administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, vice Charles F. Bolden, Jr., resigned. (04/18/2018 legislative day)
- PN568Carlos G. Muniz, of Florida, to be General Counsel, Department of Education, vice James Cole, Jr. (04/18/2018 legislative day)
- S.Res.426A resolution supporting the goals of International Women's Day. (04/18/2018 legislative day)
- The Opposite of Addiction, with Jim Hardy
- Meals on Wheels of Brevard, NC, with Board Member Sasha Jones
- The Community Side of Recidivism - Meet Peter McKinney
- Meet Mark Burrows, Director of Transylvania County Planning and Community Development
- Meet Nicola Karesh, a Writer, Poet, Community Activist and a Playful Spirit
- Meet Kyle Tinsley, Graduate of Brevard High School and former leader of the Acceptance Club
- Meet Bobby Jones of Cedar Mountain, NC. His grandfather was Solomon Jones of Solomon Jones Road, the road to Pretty Place.
- Meet the founder of Transylvania Indivisible. David Williams.
- How the Affordable Care Act (ACA) helped Cedar Mountain, NC get a new cafe
- Meet Dal Davis, a student at Brevard College.