- Why Republicans shouldn’t be so optimistic their tax bill will be a big win
- Coal – true facts and true trends!
- World Bank on Tuesday said it would by 2019 end all financial support for oil and gas exploration – huge news!
- Trump’s accusers are back, and this time they’re demanding that Congress do something
- NC Democrats announce new candidates, and they’re almost all women
- Economy (52)
- Environment (73)
- Equality (51)
- Events (55)
- Gerrymandering (63)
- Healthcare (58)
- History (32)
- Immigration/Deportation (16)
- NAACP News (40)
- National Security (15)
- North Carolina General Assembly (49)
- Op-Ed (63)
- Our Elected Representatives (77)
- Resistance (107)
- Take Action! (74)
- Transylvania County Community (19)
- Transylvania County Community Building (1)
- Transylvania County Government (9)
- Uncategorized (2)
- Volunteer Opportunity (6)
- Voting and Elections (77)
- What we are reading (11)
- 04http://berightthere.info/event/fight-the-tax-bill-rally-500pm-monday-12-4-vance-monument-asheville/5:00 pm-6:00 pm12/04/2017
Received from Indivisible WNC
We will be joining other Indivisible groups in WNC tomorrow at 5:00 at Vance Monument to rally and protest the tax bill. We are putting together speakers and want to have as large a presence as possible.Please join us tomorrow. Bring signs, voices, people. I will be handing out necklaces showing how many people will lose healthcare and how much $$$ the rich will be receiving.Will post on Facebook also. CARPOOL IF YOU CAN.There will also be a rally on Tuesday in Hickory and a meeting at McHenry’s office on Wednesday. Let me know if you wish to be involved with those efforts and I will forward you the information once I receive it.Thanks for your efforts. We must resist. We can’t stand by quietly and let them hurt our fellow Americans
- 10http://berightthere.info/event/the-gift-of-time-pop-up-coffeehouse/11:00 am-4:00 pm12/10/2017
Join us December 10th at the Gazebo on Main Street in downtown Brevard from 11 am – 4 pm for a pop-up coffeehouse.
We are setting up a hospitality suite of sorts and will model zero waste and encourage folks to slow down and sit with us for awhile. This is space for us to just meet people and open our hearts and minds.
We have reserved the gazebo through the county and are ready to go!
Join us and sit a spell.
- 31http://berightthere.info/event/nobody-is-above-the-law-mueller-firing-rapid-response/1:30 pm-5:00 pm12/31/2017
Transylvania Indivisible’s Rapid response against Mueller’s firing
This is an event planned as a rapid response protest in the event that Donald Trump fired special counsel Robert Mueller. Please note that the listed date is a placeholder and will be updated to be within 24 hours of the firing, should it occur.
Once you sign up, make sure to invite friends to join you at the event!
Note: If you choose to attend an event, you agree to engage in nonviolent, peaceful action, to act lawfully, and to strive to de-escalate any potential confrontations with those who may disagree with our values.
The host has marked that this event is wheelchair accessible.
Subscribe to NC General Assembly news
Receive emails from the NC General Assembly on legislative actions by subscribing here: http://www.ncleg.net/calendars/calendars.html#Subscribe
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- The Community Side of Recidivism - Meet Peter McKinney
- Meet Mark Burrows, Director of Transylvania County Planning and Community Development
- Meet Nicola Karesh, a Writer, Poet, Community Activist and a Playful Spirit
- Meet Kyle Tinsley, Graduate of Brevard High School and former leader of the Acceptance Club
- Meet Bobby Jones of Cedar Mountain, NC. His grandfather was Solomon Jones of Solomon Jones Road, the road to Pretty Place.
- Meet the founder of Transylvania Indivisible. David Williams.
- How the Affordable Care Act (ACA) helped Cedar Mountain, NC get a new cafe
- Meet Dal Davis, a student at Brevard College.
- Introducing our new podcast Transylvania Together!